Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Branding and Marketing

Whenever I think of creating a loyal brand I always think of McDonalds, why because "I'm loving it". McDonalds has done a great job of keeping their message simple and people love it. They market themselves on food that is cheap, easy to get to because of their many locations, and convenient. Their brand is not known for being classy or high end, but long standing and profitable. The McDonalds brand is recognizable because whenever you see those golden arches you know exactly what you are looking at and what you can get.  Even though some may think of the movie Supersize Me when they think of McDonalds, the fact of the matter is that they have made many changes to their brand to show people that their food is not the worst out there in the fast food industry. When I was young and when we were good we could go to McDonalds get a happy meal and play at the playground and it was a treat. McDonalds has always had their happy meals and therefore since I have such fond memories of getting them while I was young, as I'm sure many do, people have a loyalty to their brand. Loyalty to a brand is extremely important in making your brand as long standing as McDonalds is.

No comments:

Post a Comment